Nottinghamshire Archives (Nottinghamshire Record Office)
Castle Meadow Road
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG2 1AG UK
Telephone: 0115 958 1634
Website: Visiting Archives
University of Nottingham Manuscripts and Special Collections[edit | edit source]
University of Nottingham Manuscripts and Special Collections
Kings Meadow Campus
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG7 2NR UK
Telephone: 0115 951 4565
Website: Manuscripts and Special Collections
- The University Library has been actively collecting manuscript and archive material for over seventy years and there are now over 3 million records in over 600 archive and manuscript collections. The University also has a number of named special collections of rare books and published works, ranging in size from under fifty volumes to several thousand.
- Some of the collections are being regularly added to, to support current research interests, although others remain as discrete, closed collections. New collections are actively sought, to build on strengths and in support of research and teaching.
Nottingham Central Library[edit | edit source]
Nottingham Central Library
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG1 6HP UK
Telephone: 0115 915 2828
Website: Nottingham Central Library
- The largest library in Nottingham and the principal library in the East Midlands, offering a range of general and specialised library services over 4 floors. The library is located in the same building as the Nottingham City Council Contact Centre.
Framework Knitters Museum
Ruddington, Nottinghamshire NG11 6HE UK
Telephone: 0115 984 6914
Website: Framework Knitters Museum
- The home of Nottinghamshire's textile heritage
Museum of Nottingham Life
Nottingham Castle Museum & Art Gallery
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG1 6EL UK
Telephone: 0115 8761400
Website: Museum of Nottingham Life
- Step back in time and discover over 300 years of Nottingham’s history… Witness for yourself what houses and shops would have looked like in the early 1900s and see a huge variety of items (from toys to tools) that span the years . The Museum of Nottingham Life is housed within five 17th century cottages where you can learn about the people of Nottingham through the objects they made, used or owned and the stories they tell us.
Nottingham Industrial Museum[edit | edit source]
Nottingham Industrial Museum
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG8 2AE UK
Telephone: 0115 915 3936
Website: Industrial Museum
- Come and immerse yourself in Nottingham’s rich industrial heritage at Nottingham Industrial Museum. Our fascinating collection fills part of the 17th-century stable block at Wollaton Hall and Deer Park, on the western edge of the city. The museum is run entirely by volunteers. We open every weekend and on the Bank Holidays from Easter to Late Summer and are waiting to welcome you to five galleries of objects reflecting local industries such as mining, railways, bicycles, motorcycles, lace, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, tobacco and printing. Not to mention our unique collection of working steam and diesel engines.
For a long list of Nottinghamshire museums, go to List of Museums in Nottinghamshire in Wikipedia.