Norwich St Peter Parmentergate, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Norwich St Peter Parmentergate, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Norwich St Peter Parmentergate, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Norwich|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
History[edit | edit source]
Norwich St Peter Parmentergate is an Ancient Parish Church and was presented by Roger Bigod to the Cathedral Priory in the late eleventh century. In the fifteenth century it was completely rebuilt, financed by the prosperity of its location on a main route through the city, close to the merchants' quays. St Peter Parmentergate became redundant in 1981. From 1994 the vestry has been leased by the Norwich Historic Churches Trust to the Magdalene Group for their work with prostitutes. In 2005, after being empty for some time, the main church building became the Norwich Centre for Martial Arts.
Also known as St Peter Mountergate.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Norwich St Peter Parmentergate, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Norwich St Peter Parmentergate, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
There is an error in the parish name which has been reported to engineers for future correction. The images display correctly for the parish and the parish name will be corrected in the future.
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
FamilySearch Records includes collections of census indexes which can be searched online for free. In addition FamilySearch Centres offer free access to images of the England and Wales Census through Family History Center Portal Computers here have access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Category:England Family History Centres to locate local Family History Centres in UK
Introduction to Family History Centers to locate outside UK.
Many archives and local history collections in public libraries in England and Wales offer online census searches and also hold microfilm or fiche census returns.
Images of the census for 1841-1891 can be viewed in census collections at Ancestry (fee payable) or Find My Past (fee payable)
The 1851 census of England and Wales attempted to identify religious places of worship in addition to the household survey census returns.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Probate Jurisdictions[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
For Historic photographs and history http://www.georgeplunkett.co.uk
References[edit | edit source]
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 21 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.