Norwich St John de Sepulchre, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Norwich St John de Sepulchre, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Norwich St John de Sepulchre, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Norwich|
|Parish registers: 1632|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1608|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
NorwichSt John Sepulchre, or St John the Baptist and the Consecration of the Holy Sepulchre is an Ancient parish in the city and Diocese of Norwich.
NORWICH, a city and county of itself, locally in the hundred of Humbleyard, E. division of Norfolk,
Resources[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Norwich St John de Sepulchre, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS PRs = England, Norfolk, Parish Registers, 1538-1900 (FamilySearch) - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|Norwich St John de Sepulchre, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FREG||1656-1664, 1694-1910||1656-1664, 1693-1900||1656-1664, 1693-1872|
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Civil Registration Districts[edit | edit source]
- registration events post 1837 may be seachd online at Free BMD
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
England Jurisdictions 1851
•Vision of Britain
External Sites[edit | edit source]
References:[edit | edit source]
- of which it is the capital, 108 miles (N. E. by N.) from London.&amp;lt;ref&amp;gt; Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 446-461.&amp;lt;/ref&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br&amp;gt. Date accessed: 27 September 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
For historic photographs of this church and features http://www.georgeplunkett.co.uk