Norwich All Saints, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Norwich All Saints, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Norwich All Saints, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Norwich|
|Parish registers: 1573|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Norwich All Saints is an Ancient parish in the city and diocese of Norfolk.
All Saints' parish registers commence from the year 1573. It stood in the south extremity of Norwich City, about a quarter of a mile south of Norwich Cathedral, with St Stephens bordering on its north and northwest side, and St Michael at Thorn and St John de Sepulchre bordering on its east and southeast side (see the interactive Maps for further guidance as to all the parishes contiguous to All Saints.
All Saints became redundant in 1973. In 1979 it was leased by the Norwich Historic Churches Trust to the All Saints Centre.
NORWICH, acity and county of itself, locally in the hundred of Humbleyard, E. division of Norfolk, of which it is the capital, 108 miles (N. E. by N.) from London.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Norwich All Saints, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Norwich All Saints, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Registration Districts[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 446-461. Date accessed: 26 September 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
http://www.georgeplunkett.co.uk for historic photographs of the church
Norwich Historic Churches Trust http://www.norwich-churches.org/index.asp