|Norway Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Resources[edit | edit source]
- BillionGraves Index - index and images
- BillionGraves Norway page - photos and GPS locations of grave markers
- Find A Grave Index - index and images
- Find A Grave Norway Page - photos and GPS locations of grave markers
- FamilySearch Places
Jewish Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- JewishGen has a database to check for Jewish Cemeteries. For Norway, look under Europe, then Norway.
- Jewish Community Center of Norway
Military Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
Individual Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- slektogdata The database of gravestone inscriptions. The database includes over 2,7 million indexed gravestones and over 1,7 million photos.
- Cemeteries in Norway We welcome you to "Cemeteries in Norway", the largest burial database in Norway. Cemeteries will give you a unique opportunity to find relatives who died after the year 1900; where access to church records and censuses are limited.
- The Family History Guide Goal 4: Learn to use Norwegian church and cemetery records, and death notices.
Additional Resources at the Family History Library[edit | edit source]
To find cemetery records for Norway in the FamilySearch Catalog follow these steps:
- Go to the FamilySearch Catalog
- Enter: Norway in the Place box
- Click on: Search
- Click on: Places within Norway
- Click on: Cemeteries
If you don't find an entry for Cemeteries, you may need to go to a smaller jurisdiction by using Places within... a second time.
Additional Resources[edit | edit source]
- Great Britain. Commonwealth War Graves Commission. The war dead of the Commonwealth : the register of the names of those who fell in the Great War and are buried in (or commemorated on) cemeteries, churchyards and memorials in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland and Poland Maidenhead, Berkshire : Commonwealth War Graves Commission, 1989. Available on WorldCat
- S. D. & D. B. Jarvis. The Cross of Sacrifice: The Officers, Men and Women of the Merchant Navy and MFA 1914–1919 [The Naval and Military Press, East Sussex, TN] 2000. available at Google Books
Reference[edit | edit source]
This database contains the following:
- Registers of burials created from registers kept by local church administrators
- Digitized paper records
- Photographs and transcriptions of tombstone inscriptions