North Walsham, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to North Walsham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|North Walsham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Tunstead and Happing|
|Parish registers: 1541|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
WALSHAM, NORTH (St. Mary), a market-town and parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of Tunstead, E. division of Norfolk, 15 miles (N. N. E.) from Norwich, and 124 (N. E. by N.) from London. There are places of worship for Wesleyans, the Society of Friends, Independents, and Primitive Methodists. 
North Walsham St Nicholas is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Norwich.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
North Walsham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|North Walsham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|IGI||1556-1812||1541-1544, 1557-1681, 1695-1837|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 711
Census[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Genealogy From Periodicals
[edit | edit source]
Curties. E.A. The Curties Family of Norfolk. History and family tree of Robert Curtes and Prudence Gascoyne, with the following surnames, Barker, Boldney, Leman, Creasey, Doughty, Parker, Paul, Titsell, Smith, Topps, Hutton, Lake, Howard, Summere, Sturt, Bailey, Loynes, Mattewson, Rook. There is a descripiton of each of the family and their life, in many Norfolk Parishes. Brampton, Irstead, Aylsham, Sidestand, Oxnead, Scottow, Trimingham, North Walsham, and Swofield. Article dates are 1556-1945, and is found in The Norfok Ancestor, old series, vol. 2,pt2 page 17-22, Family History Library Ref. 942.61 B2j old series, v2. pt. 2
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Erpingham 1837-1884
- Smallburgh 1884-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Probate Jurisdictions[edit | edit source]
Maps[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: North Walsham on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 444-449. Date accessed: 30 April 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.