North Runcton with Hardwicke and Setchey , Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to North Runcton with Hardwicke and Setchey, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|North Runcton with Hardwicke and Setchey , Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Freebridge Lynn|
|Registration District||Freebridge Lynn|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
RUNCTON, NORTH (All Saints), a parish, in the union and hundred of Freebridge-Lynn, W. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (E. S. E.) from Lynn containing, with the hamlet of Hardwick. The living is a rectory, with the living of Setchey  The Hardwick that is a hamlet of North Runcton should not be confused with another place named Hardwick in Norfolk that is about 9 miles north east of Diss.
North Runcton All saints is an Ancient Parish in the deanery of Lynn in the diocese of Norwich and included Hardwicke and Setchey. Setchey is also known as Setch.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church records[edit | edit source]
North Runcton with Hardwicke and Setchey , Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|North Runcton with Hardwicke and Setchey , Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 332/1-8
Setchey registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Setchey Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 711-716. Date accessed: 30 April 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.