North Newton, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to North Newton, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|North Newton, Somerset|
|County||Somerset, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Bridgwater|
|Parish registers: 1778|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1640|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Taunton|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Archives and Local Studies|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
NEWTON, NORTH, a chapelry, in the parish and hundred of North Petherton, union of Bridgwater, W. division of Somerset.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
North Newton St Peter parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Somerset, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NORTH NEWTON ST PETER PARISH Online Records|
|FREG||1778-1805, 1815-1900||1763-1807, 1813-1900|
North Newton St Michael parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|NORTH NEWTON ST MICHAEL Parish Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Tax records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 409-413. Date accessed and adapted: 07 March 2013.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1531-1812,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Marriage Registers, Bonds and Allegations, 1754-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Church of England Burials, 1813-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 October 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.