North Creake, Norfolk Genealogy
|North Creake, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Docking|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
CREAKE, NORTH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Docking, hundred of Brothercross, W. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (S. E. by S.) from Burnham Westgate. 
North Creake St Mary is an Ancient parish is the diocese of Norwich.
North Creake is a village and civil parish in the north west of the English county of Norfolk. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk. The parish shares boundaries with the adjacent parishes of Burnham Market, Burnham Thorpe, Norfolk, Holkham, Norfolk, Walsingham, South Creake, Norfolk, Barwick and Stanhoe.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
North Creake, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|North Creake, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1538-1763, 1767-1796, 1800-1892||Undefined||1538-1928||Undefined||1538-1763, 1767-1787, 1800-1902|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 626
Microfilm copy of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Norwich, England.
With: Parish register, 1558-1941 / Church of England. Parish Church of Wighton, Norfolk.
Item 32 Baptisms, marriages, burials 1538-1739 Item 33 Baptisms 1739-1762 Marriages 1739-1752 Burials 1739-1748 Item 34 Baptisms and burials 1800-1812 Item 35 Baptisms 1813-1845 Item 36 Baptisms 1846-1892 Item 37 Marriages 1754-1812 Banns 1754-1808 Item 38 Marriages 1813-1841 FHL BRITISH Film 1472796 Items 32-38
Item 1 Marriages 1837-1928 Item 2 Burials 1813-1871 Item 3 Burials 1871-1901 Item 4 Draft baptisms 1689-1762 Draft marriages 1719, 1727 Draft burials 1740-1742, 1763 Item 5 Alphabetical marriages 1700-1797 Item 6 Alphabetical baptisms 1701-1796 Alphabetical marriages 1739-1752 Alphabetical burials 1739-1747 Item 7 Baptisms and burials 1767-1787 Marriages 1783-1786 FHL BRITISH Film 1526885 Items 1-7
Banns, 1824-1900 FHL BRITISH Film 1657289 Items 37-38
Archdeacons transcripts, 1725-1812
Baptisms and burials 1725-1754, 1785-1812 Marriages 1725-1750, 1786-1811 FHL BRITISH Film 1526790 Item 1
Parish poor law records, 1613-1842 Microfilm copy of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Norwich, England.Norfolk Record Office no.: PD 626/25
Overseers' & churchwardens' accounts 1613-1842 (not in chronological order) FHL BRITISH Film 1702279 Item 3
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
- Microfilm can no longer be ordered.
- 1891 Census Surnames Index: Transcribed by Pat Greetham
Poor Law Unions
[edit | edit source]
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: North Creake on GenUKI
- North Creake on Norfolk churches website
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 720-725. Date accessed: 29 April 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.