Newfoundland and Labrador Directories
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Newfoundland & Labrador Wiki Topics|
|Newfoundland & Labrador Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Directories can help in locating individuals in a certain place, especially when their names do not appear in the censuses.
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Newfoundland Business Directories, Gazetteers, Phone Directories, etc.
- 1864-1865 - Hutchinson’s Newfoundland Directory, 1864-1865 e-book. ($)
- 1868 - The Newfoundland Almanac for the year 1868. Includes several lists of names.
- 1870-1871 - McAlpine's Maritime Provinces Directory for 1870-71. Extract: Newfoundland sections only
- 1871 - Lovell’s Newfoundland Directory, 1871, e-book ($)
- 1877 - Business and general directory of Newfoundland, 1877. Containing classified lists of the business men of St. John's and the leading towns and districts of the colony.
- 1880-1881 - McAlpine's maritime provinces business directory for 1880-81
- 1898 - McAlpine's Newfoundland Directory, 1898 e-book ($)
- 1909-1951 - St. John's Telephone Directories, 1909-1951
FamilySearch Library[edit | edit source]
- pre-1900 - Pre-1900 Canadian directories = La collection de répertoires d'avant 1900
- 1871 - Index to the 1871 dominion directory of Canada
- 1908-1909 - McAlpine's St. John's directory : containing a directory of citizens and business and street directories, 1908-9