New York Occupation and Business Records
(Redirected from New York Occupation and Business Records)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|New York Wiki Topics|
|New York Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- 1840-1966 - New York, State Employment Cards and Peddlers' Licenses, 1840-1966 $ at Ancestry.
- 1917-1957 - Port of New York, Index to Discharged or Deserted Crew, 1917-1957 at MyHeritage - index and images $
References[edit | edit source]
Two interesting references regarding the occupations of the residents of New York are:
- O'Callaghan, Edmund Bailey. Calendar of New York Colonial Commissions, 1680–1770. New York, N.Y.: New-York Historical Society, 1929. FHL Book 974.7 N2n. Indexed. Lists office holders, their residences, and dates of commission.
- Scott, Kenneth. Nineteenth Century Apprentices in New York City: Abstracted and with an Introduction by Kenneth Scott. Arlington, Va.: National Genealogical Society, 1986. FHL Book 974.71 U2s. Lists occupation, age, person to whom apprenticed, and sometimes parents.
Some Dutch New York settlers ventured into Detroit to trade with the Mohawk Indians:
- Mason, Jacquelyn Lamson. "Dutch Traders of the Mohawk in Eighteenth Century Detroit," The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Vol. 116, No. 2 (Apr. 1985):73-81. Digital version at New York Family History ($); FHL Book 974.7 B2n v. 116.