Nephi Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Nephi Utah Family History Center website.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 1125 N 400 E Nephi UT 84648 United States
- Use the North Side Entrance. Sign posted on the wall in the foyer will direct you left to the Center
- Parking, Center, and Restrooms are handicapped accessible.
- 1 435-623-2964
Stake TFH Consultant - Center:
- Dennis and JaNice Taylor, directors
Tuesday Evenings Reserved for Youth groups; The last Tuesday is available for schedule adjustments
Wednesday 9:00 am-12:00 pm, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm also, Classes 6:30 and 7:40 pm FamilySearch Essentials and Lab
Thursday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm, 6:00 pm-9:00 pm also, Classes 6:30 and 7:40 pm FamilySearch Essentials and Interm Research Skills
Sunday 2:30 pm-5:30 pm; Closed on the first Sunday each month.
- For an appointment other times, please contact your ward temple and family history consultants, or call or text the Taylor's at 435-660-6811
Holiday Schedule: Closings for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in 2020:
Easter, Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, Sunday after Thanksgiving
Wed and Thurs July 1-2, for Independence Week,
Thurs., July 9 for Ute Stampede
Nov 24 - 29, Thanksgiving week
Dec 6-31 Christmas Holidays
We occasionally have unscheduled closures because of extreme weather or staff situations.
Please call or text 435-660-6811 for information about unexpected changes to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
September 5, 2019 7:00-8:00pm Stake Training / Roundtable for all Ward Consultants, Elders' Quorum Advisors and Ward TFH Coordinating Persons
November 7, 2019 7:00-8:00pm Stake Training / Roundtable for all Ward Consultants, Elders' Quorum Advisors and Ward TFH Coordinating Persons
Class Schedule Thursdays 6:00-8:00 for Consultants and Open to all others who want to attend[edit | edit source]
6:30-7:30 pm FamilySearch Essentials Wednesday and Thursday evenings
7:40-8:40 pm FamilySearch Guided Lab Wednesday Evenings
7:40-8:40 pm Intermediate Research Skills Thursday Evenings
Consultant Training Wednesdays 9-3 and 6-9pm[edit | edit source]
Individualized Skills Instruction and Applied Practice using his own FamilyTree
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
8 Dell FamilySearch Computers, 3 laptops,
Printer/Scanner -- scan photos and documents directly to FamilySearch,
Microfilm reader, Microfiche reader,
Equipment to convert cassette tape audio to digital file.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
United States and Civil War - Diane Heap
British Isles - Dennis and JaNice Taylor
Ireland - Dennis Taylor
Denmark and Norway databases - JaNice Taylor
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.