Nebraska, Lancaster County, Fairview Cemetery, Burial Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Nebraska, Lancaster County, Fairview Cemetery, Burial Records, 1864-1999
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Lancaster, Nebraska, |
|Flag of Nebraska|
|Location of Lancaster County, Nebraska|
|Location of Nebraska|
|Record Type||Burial Records|
|Nebraska State Historical Society|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains an index card file to burials that is arranged in alphabetical order by surname. The records range in year from 1864 to 1999. Records will be added if more become available.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of the deceased
- Birth and death dates
- Cause of death
- Location of grave
- Date of burial
- Name of undertaker
- Obituary clipping from newspaper
- Name of spouse
- Parents or children
- Place of residence
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
When you have located your ancestor’s burial record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Burial records are often brief so it can be easy to confuse individuals. Compare what information is given with what you already know about your ancestor to make sure it is the correct person.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add the new information to your records
- Use the birth date or year to search for birth records
- Use the birth date along with your relative’s names to find the family in census records
- Compile the entries for every person with the same surname. This is especially helpful for rural areas or unusual surnames
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for alias names, nicknames and abbreviated names
- Look for an index. Local genealogical and historical societies often have indexes to local records
- Search the indexes and records of nearby cemeteries
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
- Nebraska Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
- Nebraska Record Finder
- How to Find Nebraska Death Records
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
Related FamilySearch Historical Records Collections[edit | edit source]
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.