Neatishead, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Neatishead, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Tunstead and Happing|
|Parish registers: 1676|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1705|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
NEATESHEAD (St. Peter), a parish, in the Tunstead and Happing incorporation, hundred of Tunstead, E. division of Norfolk, 5¼ miles (E. by S.) from Coltishall. There are places of worship for Baptists and Primitive Methodists. 
Neatishead St Peter is an Ancient Parish in the Waxham deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Tunstead 1837-1869
- Smallburgh 1870-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Neatishead, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Neatishead, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|NTA||1700-1901||1837-1901 (Banns); 1740-1837||1740-1900|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 251/1-7
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Neatishead Baptist Church[edit | edit source]
http://www.neatisheadbaptist.org.uk/welcome.htm for images of the church and history.
http://www.neatisheadbaptist.org.uk/gravestones.htm for listing of burials in the graveyard
Norfolk Nonconformist Chapel Survey undertaken by the Norfolk Archaeological and Historical Research Group
Norwich Record Office reference SO 197/14/1-10, 900X8
Description 1 Narborough Wesleyan Methodist
2 Neatishead Baptist, including memoranda of memorial inscriptions.
3 Neatishead Primitive Methodist. Demolished. No photographs.
4 Necton Baptist
5 Necton Wesleyan Methodist
6 Newton St Faith Primitive Methodist
7 Nordelph Wesleyan Methodist
8 Northwold Wesleyan Methodist
9 Northwold Primitive Methodist
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
http://www.btinternet.com/~e.c.apling/1891Census/Neatishead.htm transcript of 1891 census
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
For Tunstead and Happing see http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/smallburgh_workhouse.htm
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: Neatishead on GenUKI
- Neatishead St Peter on A Church Near You
- for image of the church
- Church of St Peter Neatishead on British Listed Buildings
- Neatishead on Norfolk Churches
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 368-372. Date accessed: 29 April 2013.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.