Montrose Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 1521 South Hillcrest Drive, Montrose, Colorado 81401
- Entrance located at the Southeast side (back) of building.
- 1-970-249-4739 (please call to verify current covid restrictions)
Languages: English and Spanish (by appointment).
- Tuesday: 1:00-4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 1:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday: 1:00-4:00 PM
- Sunday: 2:00-4:00 PM
- Evenings, mornings, and weekends by appointment.
Holiday Schedule: Closed for Independence Day, Thanksgiving Week, Christmas Day & New Years Day (last two weeks of December) , month of August
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR GENEALOGY????
WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU IN THREE WAYS:
1. Come into the Family History Center and let a consultant give you ONE-TO-ONE attention.
2. Consultants can assist you with all new features on Family Tree/Family Search.
3. For answers to questions, call the Family History Center at 970-249-4739, leave a message and we will return your call.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
PREMIUM WEBSITES includes the following:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archives
- Access Newspaper Archives
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War:Research Database, Letters and Diaries, Images, Photographs, Posters and Ephemera
- Ancestral Quest
- Ancestry. Com
- Family Insight
- Find My Past
- Fold3.com (previously known as Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Genline Family Finder
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Six high definition computers with printers/copiers
- One microfilm reader (microfilm distribution from SLC discontinued as of August 31, 2017)
- Two scanners which patrons may use to digitize documents and pictures while honoring all copyright laws set forth by the United States government.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Local area OBITUARIES from Montrose, Delta, Olathe, Ridgway, Ouray, Colona, Telluride, Placerville, Norwood, Redvale, Naturita, Nucla, Cimarron, Austin, Cedaredge, Lake City, Eckert, Crested Butte, Hotchkiss, Paonia, Crawford, Paradox and Gunnison available, from 1980 through 2020, provided by permission of Montrose Daily Press.
Access to the free computer links of on-line books and other resources from FAMILY SEARCH LIBRARIES.
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
We are experienced genealogists and trained temple and family history consultants who will help you search for your ancestors, fix Family Search issues, and show you how to take your names to the Temple.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We are always looking for volunteers to help staff our center. We welcome all enthusiastic family historians, regardless of experience or expertise. Even if you have no prior experience as a consultant, we can pair you with experienced consultants until you feel comfortable and trained in the consultant role.