Minnesota, Baudette, Warroad, and International Falls Passenger Lists - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Minnesota, Baudette, Warroad, and International Falls Passenger Lists, 1910-1923
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Baudette, Lake of the Woods County, Warroad, Roseau County & International Falls, Koochiching County, Minnesota, |
|Flag of the United States of America|
|US Flag 1908-1912 (46 stars)|
|National Archives and Records Administration Logo|
|Record Type||Passenger Lists|
|Record Group||RG 85: Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service|
|Microfilm Publication||A3490. Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Baudette,Warroad,and International Falls, Minnesota,March 1910-July 1923. 1 rolls.|
|National Archives Identifier||4644607|
|National Archives and Records Administration|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection consists of Manifests of Alien Arrivals at Baudette, Warroad, and International Falls, Minnesota, March 1910- July 1923. The records correspond with NARA publication A3490 and are part of Record Group 85 Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Office. The collection is arranged by date of arrival.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Minnesota, Baudette, Warroad, and International Falls Passenger Lists, 1910-1923.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Marital status
- Place of last permanent residence
- How long they intend to remain in the U.S.
- Whether they intend to become a U.S. citizen
- Physical description
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The full name of your ancestor
- The approximate date of immigration
If you do not know this information, check the census records after 1900.
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the NARA Roll Number - Contents to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
When you have located your ancestor on a passenger list, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
Use passenger lists to:
- Learn an immigrant’s place of origin
- Confirm their date of arrival
- Learn foreign and “Americanized” names
- Find records in his or her country of origin such as emigrations, port records, or ship’s manifests
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Check for variant spellings of the name
- Look for an index. Records are often indexed by local historical and genealogical societies
- Search the passenger lists year by year
- Search the indexes of other port cities
- Consult the Minnesota Record Finder to find other records
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Minnesota.
- Beginning Research in United States Immigration and Emigration Records
- Minnesota Guided Research
- Minnesota Record Finder
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Minnesota, various cities, crew lists of vessels arriving, 1929-1956
- Manifests of alien, January 1912-July 1924, and citizen, January 1912-December 1956, arrivals at Noyes, Minnesota, and at Dunseith, Neche, Pembina, Saint John, and Walhalla, North Dakota
- Minnesota, manifests of alien arrivals, 1907-1952 A3400
- Minnesota, Duluth and Wisconsin, Superior crew lists, 1922-1958
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
- Minnesota Passenger and Crew Lists, 1912-1956
- Canada Border Crossing Records
- Canada Border Crossing Records Index Only
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.