Maryland, Baltimore, Loudon Park Cemetery, Cemetery Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Maryland, Baltimore, Loudon Park Cemetery, Cemetery Records, 1853-1986
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Baltimore, Maryland, |
|Flag of Maryland|
|Location of Baltimore City, Maryland|
|Location of Maryland|
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Index and images of index cards recording interments, deeds, and lots.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
- Date grave permit issued
- Plot number of grave
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of your ancestor
- The date of the event or the name of a spouse or parent
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
This section can be made up of either sentences or bullet points.
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Use the age listed to determine an approximate birth date to find vital records such as birth, baptism, and marriage
- Search for immigration, military, land and probate records
- Use the information to find additional family members in census records
- Search for church records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Try viewing the original record. Indexes and transcriptions may not include all the data found in the original records. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives that can be verified by records
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality in an area search
- Try variant spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Maryland.
- Sexton Records
- Maryland Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research
- United States, Tombstone and Sexton Records
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Baltimore. Loudon Park Cemetery records, 1853-1986
- Mt. Olivet Cemetery. Cemetery records, 1849-1984
- Baltimore. Catholic Church. New Cathedral. Interment books and plat books, 1871-1977.
- First Methodist Episcopal Church. Lot holders and record of interments in the Methodist burial ground in the southern precinct of Baltimore, 1823-1833
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
- Maryland Probate Estate and Guardianship Files, 1796-1940
- Maryland Register of Wills Records, 1629-1999
- Maryland, Baltimore, Locks Funeral Home Records, 1936-2007
Related Digital Books[edit | edit source]
- Baltimore County, Maryland : cemetery inscriptions
- Charter, dedication and lot holders of Green Mount Cemetery Baltimore, Maryland : Lucas Bros., 1885
- List of lot holders, Green Mount Cemetery. Baltimore, Maryland : Lucas Bros., 1902
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.