Marlingford, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Marlingford, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Forehoe|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1699|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
MARLINGFORD (St. Mary), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 6½ miles (W.) from Norwich. 
Marlingford St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Norwich.
== Resources ==
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Forehoe 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Marlingford, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Marlingford, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 404 /1-8
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: Marlingford on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 260-263. Date accessed: 23 April 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.