Luxembourg Church History

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Luxembourg Wiki Topics
Flag of Luxembourg.svg.png
Beginning Research
Record Types
Luxembourg Background
Local Research Resources

Luxembourg was untouched by the reformation and has always maintained a traditional Catholic affiliation. The population is 90% Roman Catholic. The remaining 10% is made up of Protestants and Jews, and those that do not belong to any religion. The Protestant Church is organized on an interdenominational basis. For several decades foreign workers from other countries have added a number of Protestant, Orthodox and Muslim residents.[1]

References[edit | edit source]

  1. The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Luxembourg,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1988-1997.