London, England Genealogy
|London Wiki Topics|
Guide to London ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
- This page is about the City of London proper (one square mile). For other uses, see London (disambiguation).
History Information[edit | edit source]
London is the United Kingdom's capital. 'The Square Mile' included 109 parishes. Today, Greater London has expanded into Middlesex, Surrey, Kent, and Essex. London was initially established by the Romans around AD 43. After the Romans left Britain in 410, the city was controlled by the Vikings, Danish, and English at various times during the next few centuries. Finally, the control of England was firmly established after the Norman Conquest of 1066, led by William the Conqueror. After the Norman Conquest, London's population and economic power increased, despite the Black Death and the Great Fire, becoming a global political, financial, and trading capital. London remains one of the major economic and political centers of the world.
Parishes[edit | edit source]
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Wards[edit | edit source]
See London Wards for a list of Wiki page links to London wards.
Civil Districts[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
- RootsChat London & Middlesex Resources and help pages. (Free)
- Online Genealogical Index
- Stuck in London: resources at the Society of Genealogists and elsewhere. Free online Power Point slides by Else Churchill.
- Tracing English Immigrants From Abroad
- More than one hundred higher education institutions, learned societies, livery companies and cultural groups have made descriptions of their collections and of which are searchable at AIM25. AIM25 includes London repositories mostly within and surrounding the M25 area.
|Middlesex, England Genealogy||Middlesex, England Genealogy, Essex||Essex|
|Middlesex, England Genealogy