Llansadwrn, Anglesey, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANSADWRN (LLAN-SADWRN), a parish, in the union of Bangor and Beaumaris, hundred of Tyndaethwy, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 3 miles (W.) from Beaumaris. This parish is situated in the eastern part of the county, within four miles of the Menai suspension bridge, and on the road from Llangevni to Beaumaris. The church, dedicated to St. Sadwrn, from which circumstance the parish derives its name, is a small but neat edifice, consisting of a nave, chancel, and north transept, and was thoroughly repaired at a considerable expense in 1829. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANSADWRN, a parish in the hundred of Tyndaethwy, county Anglesey, 2 miles W. of Beaumaris, and 4 E. of Llangefni. Bangor is its post town. The village, which is small, is situated at a short distance from the coast, about 4 miles from the Menai Bridge. For more information see:
|County bef 1974||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1974-31 Mar 1996||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1996 -||add here|
|Civ Reg District||Bangor (1881)|
|Reg Sub-district||Beaumaris (1881)|
|Probate Court||add here|
|Rural Deanery||add here|
|Poor Law Union||Bangor & Beaumaris|
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 28 Aug 2014.