Llandeilo Abercywyn, Carmarthenshire, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANDILO-ABERCOWAN (LLANDEILO-ABER-CYWYN), a parish, in the higher division of the hundred of DERLLYS, county of CARMARTHEN, SOUTH WALES, 8 miles (S.W. by W.) from Carmarthen. This parish derives its name from the dedication of its church to St. Teilo, and its distinguishing adjunct from its situation on the Cywyn, near the influx of that stream into the Tâf, by the estuary of which latter river, expanding into Carmarthen bay, it is bounded on the south-west. The turnpike-road leading from Carmarthen to St. Clear's passes through the village. The church is not remarkable for any architectural details, but is pleasantly situated on the eastern bank of the river Cywyn. Adjoining the churchyard was anciently an hospital, called the Pilgrim's Lodge; but no particulars, either of its foundation or its history, are recorded, and the building has long been appropriated to other uses.
For more information see Llandeilo Abercywyn, Carmarthenshire at genuki.org.uk
|County bef 1974||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1974-31 Mar 1996||add here|
|County 1 Apr 1996 -||add here|
|Civ Reg District||Carmarthen (1881)|
|Reg Sub-district||St. Clears (1881)|
|Probate Court||add here|
|Rural Deanery||add here|
|Poor Law Union||Carmarthen|
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 524-536. Adapted. Date accessed: 15 January 2014.