Llanarmon, Gwynedd, Wales Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
(Redirected from Llanarmon, Gwynedd)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


History[edit | edit source]

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanarmon like this:

LLANARMON, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; in the Lleyn peninsula, 4 miles NE by N of Pwllheli, and 12 SW by S of Nantlle r. station. Posttown, Pwllheli. Acres, 3,753. Real property, £2,831. Pop., 556. Houses, 109. Broom Hall is the seat of JL. Jones, Esq. A search for coal, which promised to be successful, was made, in 1862, at Bryn-y-bachan, near Afon-Wen. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Llangybi, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is dedicated to St. Garmon or Germanns, and was restored in 1863. There are two chapels for Calvinistic Methodists, and one for Wesleyans. (Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, John Marius Wilson, 1870-72.) For more information see Llanarmon, Caernarvonshire at genuki.org.uk

Llanarmon Parish
Jurisdictions
County bef 1974 add here
County 1 Apr 1974-31 Mar 1996 add here
County 1 Apr 1996 - add here
Civ Reg District Pwllheli (1881)
Reg Sub-district Criccieth (1881)
Probate Court add here
Diocese add here
Rural Deanery add here
Chapelry add here
Poor Law Union Pwllheli
Hundred Evionydd
Province add here
Hamlets add here



Records
[edit | edit source]


Civil Registration
[edit | edit source]


Church Records
[edit | edit source]


Census Records
[edit | edit source]


Probate Records
[edit | edit source]


Maps and Gazetteers
[edit | edit source]

[edit | edit source]

Websites[edit | edit source]