Littleton Drew, Wiltshire Genealogy
Guide to Littleton Drew, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Littleton Drew, Wiltshire|
|County||Wiltshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Chippenham|
|Parish registers: 1706|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1605|
|Diocese||Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
LITTLETON-DREW (All Saints), or LITTLETON-ST. ANDREW, a parish in Chippenham district in the county of Wilts (Wiltshire). It is located in the union and hundred of Chippenham, Chippenham and Calne.
Littleton-Drew is adjacent to Gloucester and 8 miles NW of Chippenham town and railway station.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Littleton Drew, Wiltshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Littleton Drew, Wiltshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Non-Conformist[edit | edit source]
- 1810-1987 Wiltshire, England, Non-Conformist Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1810-1987 at Ancestry ($); index and images (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
The 1841 Census returns for Littleton Drew are missing.
Census records from 1851 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 220983.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 104-118. Date accessed: 30 September 2013.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- 'Search more than 99,000 new Wiltshire parish baptism records,' findmypast, accessed 5 June 2014. Coverage year range is not clearly identified.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 3 November 2013.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.