Littlebourne, Kent Genealogy
Guide to Littlebourne, Kent ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Littlebourne St Vincent Kent
|County||Kent, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Bridge|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1560|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Canterbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Kent History and Library Centre|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
LITTLEBOURNE (St. Vincent), a parish, in the union of Bridge, hundred of Downhamford, lathe of St. Augustine, E division of Kent, 4 miles E from Canterbury. There is a place of worship for Calvinists.
Littlebourne is a village and civil parish in the City of Canterbury district of Kent, see Littlebourne Wikipedia
Littlebourne St Vincent is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Canterbury; a map of the parish boundary is available at A church near you
The Littlebourne benefice includes Ickham, Kent Genealogy Wickhambreaux, Kent Genealogy and Stodmarsh, Kent Genealogy
The church of St Vincent, Narborne Close, Littlebourne, has been designated as a grade I listed building British listed building
A Calvinist church was also in the village.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Kent County Council (KCC) has a certificate centre at the Mansion House in Tunbridge Wells which holds all the completed registers for Kent since 1 July 1837 and can supply a certified copy of any Kent birth, death or marriage entry from any register within its custody or a Kent civil partnership registration from the government online database.
The Mansion House (Certificate Centre)
Grove Hill Road
Kent TN1 1EP
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Littlebourne parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|FSBOOK = FamilySearch Books - free|
|Littlebourne Online Parish Records|
|FMP||1558-1912||1558-1912||1872-1912 (Banns)||1872-1912 (Banns)||1559-1928||1559-1928|
|FSBOOK||1678-1688, 1721 FamilySearch Digital Library|
Land Tax[edit | edit source]
- Images for Littlebourne are available at FamilySearch Records see England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments - FamilySearch Historical Records 1780-1831
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Kent Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Local Family History Centre[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This centre has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate - FamilySearch Historical Records and England, Kent, Land Tax Assessments - FamilySearch Historical Records means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view these
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 101-104. Date accessee: 19 August 2013.
- 'Canterbury baptism records coverage', Find My Past, accessed 11 November 2013.
- 'Canterbury banns coverage', Find My Past, accessed 11 November 2013.
- 'Canterbury burial records coverage', Find My Past, accessed 14 November 2013.