Little Witchingham, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Little Witchingham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Little Witchingham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||St Faith's|
|Registration District||St Faiths|
|Parish registers: 1565|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1601|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
WITCHINGHAM, LITTLE (St. Faith), a parish, in the union of St. Faith, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 2¼ miles (S. E. by S.) from Reepham. 
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Little Witchingham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Little Witchingham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: Little Witchingham on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 629-633. Date accessed: 22 April 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.