Little Ellingham, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Little Ellingham, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Little Ellingham, Norfolk|
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Wayland|
|Parish registers: 1649|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
ELLINGHAM, LITTLE (St. Peter), a parish, in the union and hundred of Wayland, W. division of Norfolk, 4½ miles (N. W.) from Attleburgh. 
Little Ellingham St Peter is an Ancient Parish in the diocese of Norwich.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Little Ellingham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Little Ellingham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 568/1-5
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
http://apling.freeservers.com/1891Census/LittleEllingham.htm transcript of 1891 census
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Little Ellingham on GenUKI
- Little Ellingham St Peter on AChurchNearYou
- Great Ellingham (Shelrock) Benefice
- Shellrock group website
- stained glass
- British History online
- Little Ellingham Norfolk Churches website
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 158-161. Date accessed: 22 April 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.