Limpenhoe, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Limpenhoe, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Norfolk, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Blofield|
|Parish registers: 1662|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
LIMPENHOE (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union and hundred of Blofield, E. division of Norfolk, 5¼ miles (S.) from Acle. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists. 
Limpenhoe St Botolph is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.Norfolk churches provides pictures and a history about St. Botolph, Limpenhoe.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Blofield 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Limpenhoe, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Limpenhoe, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1662-1928||Undefined||1662-1811, 1814-1901||Undefined||1662-1901|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 292 Parish registers of Limpenhoe and Southwood
Non-Conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1613-1901 England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
1891 Census Surname List provided by Pat Greetham.
Land Records[edit | edit source]
1597 Subsidy Taxes courtesy of the Norfolk Transcription Archives.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
The union consisted of the following parishes: Acle, Beighton, Blofield, Bradestone, Brundall, Buckenham Ferry, Burlingham St Andrew, Burlingham St Edmund, Burlingham St Peter, Cantley, Freethorpe, Halvergate, Hassingham, Hemblington, Limpenhoe, Lingwood, Moulton, Great Plumstead, Little Plumstead, Postwick, Ranworth with Panxworth, Reedham, Southwood, Strumpshaw, Thorpe St Andrew, Tunstall, Upton with Fishley, Walsham St Lawrence, Walsham St Mary, Wickhampton, Witton, Woodbastwick.
Blofield Union was incorporated under the 1834 Act. The Union Workhouse was opened in 1836 at Lingwood. Blofield Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 3 in 1930.
Received by the Norfolk Record Office on 6 May 1971 (C/GP2/29) and on unknown dates
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: Limpenhoe on GenUKI
- Limpenhoe St Botolph on A Church Near You
- Limpenhoe on Tinstaafl. Parish Transcripts.
- British History online
- Limpenhoe on Norfolk Churches
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 87-95. Date accessed: 22 April 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.