King Philip's War, 1675-1676
|King Philip's War, 1675-1676|
History[edit | edit source]
- George Madison Bodge. Soldiers in King Philip's War : being a critical account of that war, with a concise history of the Indian wars of New England from 1620-1677, official lists of the soldiers of Massachusetts colony serving in Philip's War, and sketches of the principal officers ... Boston, Massachusetts : G.M. Bodge, c1906.
Records[edit | edit source]
- Wampanoag Tribes
- Mohegan (allied with colonists)
- Pequot (allied with colonists)
- Indigenous Peoples of Connecticut
- Indigenous Peoples of Massachusetts
- Indigenous Peoples of Rhode Island
General Society of Colonial Wars
The General Society of Colonial Wars was established in 1893. Membership in the society requires that the member be a male at least 18 years of age and be able to show direct lineage to an ancestor who served in the Colonial Wars. See General Society of Colonial Wars for more information on the society and its records.
- Thomas Church, Samuel G. Drake. The history of Philip's War, commonly called the Great Indian War, of 1675 and 1676 : also, of the French and Indian wars at the eastward, in 1689, 1690, 1692, 1696, and 1704,... Boston,Massachusetts: J.H.A. Frost, 1827. FHL Digital Images
- George W. Ellis and John E. Morris. King Philip's War : based on the archives and records of Massachusetts, Plymouth, Rhode Island and Connecticut, and contemporary letters and accounts, with biographical and topographical notes.New York, New York : Grafton Press, 1906. FHL Digital Images
- Hubbard, William. The History of the Indian Wars in New England from the First Settlement to the Termination of the War with King Philip in 1677. New York, New York: Kraus Reprint, 1969, US/CAN book 970.1 H861h or film 962406.
- Douglas Edward Leach. Flintlock and tomahawk : New England in King Philip's War.New York, New York : W.W. Norton, 1958. FHL 974 H2Ld
- Rev. Increase Mather ; also a history of the same war by the Rev. Cotton Mather ; to which are added an introduction and notes by Samuel G. Drake. The history of King Philip's War. Bowie, Maryland : Heritage Books, Inc., 1990. FHL 974 H2mi 1990
- Hamilton B. Tompkins.The Great swamp fight 19th of December 1675.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- America's Most Devastating Conflict King Philip's War
- King Philip's War and Its Impact on America
- Roger Williams:King Philip's War. National Park Service
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, King Philip's War, (accessed 31 March 2012).
- Family History Library US/Canada Consultants, "[King Phillip's War, History],"in LAD Release 4.1, Family History Library, 2004, mjm.