Kensworth, Hertfordshire Genealogy
Guide to Kensworth, Hertfordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|County||Hertfordshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Luton|
|Parish registers: 1615|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Lincoln; Post-1844 - Rochester|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon (Hitchin Division)|
|Location of Archive|
|Hertfordshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
KENSWORTH, is a village and a parish in the district of Luton and county of Hertford. The village stands near the boundary of Bedfordshire, it is 3 miles SE of the Dunstable railway station. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Kensworth, Hertfordshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|KENSWORTH PARISH Online Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
1524/5 Subsidy[edit | edit source]
- 1524/5 Lay Subsidy (E179/120/122 roll 5) has been microfilmed: FHL Film 2228679.
1626 Subsidy[edit | edit source]
- 1626 Lay Subsidy (E179/121/329 membrane 2 dorse) has been microfilmed: FHL Film 2228680.
1628 Subsidies[edit | edit source]
- 1628 Lay Subsidy (E179/121/331 roll 2 dorse) has been microfilmed: FHL Film 2228680.
- 1628 Lay Subsidy (E179/121/333 roll 2 dorse) has been microfilmed: FHL Film 2228680.
- 1628 Lay Subsidy (E179/121/336 roll 3 dorse) has been microfilmed: FHL Film 2228680.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hertfordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Kensworth on GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870-72. Adapted. Date accessed: 12 January 2014.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 20 December 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987).
- 'The Hertfordshire Collection,' findmypast, accessed 4 March 2014.
- 'Hertfordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- 'Marriages and Marriage Licences (1538-1922),' Hertfordshire County Council, accessed 6 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hertford, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 11 December 2013.
- Hertfordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 12 December 2013.
- 'National Burial Index - Bedfordshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes.