Keevil, Wiltshire Genealogy
Guide to Keevil, Wiltshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Westbury and Whorwellsdown|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1596|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Wiltshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
The location of Keevil is in the county of Wiltshire, the lands are watered by a brook which flows into the river Avon and it is near the Kennet and Avon canal. It is also 4½ miles E of Trowbridge railway station.
Keevil includes the Tything(Tything is a Historic English Territorial Unit) of Bulkington.
There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Keevil, Wiltshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|NIM = Nimrod Research - (£). Results delivered by email.|
|Keevil, Wiltshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Non-Conformist[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
- 1810-1987 Wiltshire, England, Non-Conformist Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1810-1987 at Ancestry ($); index and images (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Wiltshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 640-643. Date accessed: 25 September 2013.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, (1870-72)
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Wiltshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 15 January 2014.
- 'Wiltshire Parish Explorer,' Nimrod Research, accessed 8 January 2014.