Kauai Hawaii Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Kaua'i Hawaii Stake's Family History Center offers services, by appointment only, to the residents of the Island of Kaua'i as well as visitors from the Mainland or other islands.
There are also two ward Family History Centers, one in Kapa'a and the other in Kekaha.
By appointment only. No walk-ins.
Monday --- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Linda Gonsalves---808-651-4633 and Ilene Marrotte- 808-720-8197---Temple and Family History Consultants
Tuesday --- 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Laverne Silva- 808-651-7824 and Ron Velasco--- 808-346-9769---Temple and Family History Consultants
Wednesday --- 10:00 am to 1:00 pm Sylvia and Frank Kakazu---808-245-4242 Temple and Family History Consultants
Thursday --- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm Nyoka Kahoekapu---808-635-1434 and Evelyn Takenaka---808-635-9678 Temple and Family History Consultants
- 4580 Ehiku Rd Lihue Kauai HI 96766 United States
- If you are traveling north at the stop light on the corners of Hilo Hattie and ATT, turn left and travel about 3 blocks until you come to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [it has a big blue roof].
- Parking is available in the church's parking lot or along Ehiku Street, fronting the chapel area.
- The Family History Center is located in the classroom area and has a Family History Center sign with the hours listed.
- Language: English but also have available various Filipino dialects, Hawaiian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Japanese. If you need a language other than English, please call for an appointment.
Kaua'i Hawaii Stake Family History Center
By appointment only. No walk-ins.
- Monday, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am-1:00 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Saturday by appointment through Ward Temple and Family History Consultants
- Sunday by appointment through Ward Temple and Family History Consultants
- When you plan to come to the Family History Center please call 1-808-246-9119 for an appointment.
Closed on all State and Federal Holidays.
This is what Patrons need to do prior to coming to the family history center:
1-Patron need to call, text or email the Family History Staff Consultant for a one-hour appointment.
- At this time, we are unable to accept any walk-ins.
2- Patrons need to choose whether they are interested in a:
- 1-Face to face in the family history center OR
- 2-Virtually by phone or computer.
3- Patrons and Consultants must:
- 1-Wear a face mask.
- 2-Observe 6 feet social distancing
- 3-Wash and sanitize hands
- 4-Work at the assigned computer.
When a patron’s appointment is complete and before the next patron, a 15-minute break for sanitizing the area
will take place.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Microfilms of Hawaiian Genealogy
- Some microfilms from Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Kenneth Kauluwehi's partial collection of Hawaiian Genealogy
- Newspaper Obituaries 1985-2010
- Newspaper "Kauai Island History"
- Access to Papakilodatabase.com
- Access to Ulukau.org
- Access to Hawaii State Archives
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment [edit | edit source]
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Epson FastPhoto 640 Scanner
Canon Microfilm Reader/Printer
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- Using the FamilySearch Research Wiki: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.