Kalispell Montana Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Closed Until Further Notice
- (Link to map using Google
- 1380 Whitefish Stage Rd Kalispell MT 59901-2748 United States
Closed on all major holidays.
We occasionally close unexpectedly due to inclement weather.
Closed in August
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Family History Conference Saturday October 17, 2020 "Out of the Past They Speak" 9:00 a.m. - 3:50 p.m. CANCELED
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
First Wednesday of each month 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Polk's Directories - Kalispell, Columbia Falls, and Whitefish MT 1959, 1961-1972, 1974-76, 79-82. Missoula MT 1992.
Flathead County Obituaries - 1952-1971, 1980-2018
Demersville Cemetery on 6 CDs
300+ Reference books
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Archion - to find Protestant German Ancestors
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
Lexmark mx611dhe copier
Epson Perfection V600 Photo Scanner - flatbed
Canon-Microfim Scanner 300
Center Services[edit | edit source]
- Gain online access to premium genealogy resources
- Access FamilySearch's extensive records collection
- Scan your family photos
- Learn to index historical records
- Learn to use FamilySearch mobile apps
- Have a personalized family history experience
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
NW Montana History Museum
Kalispell Public Library
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.