Italy, Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Civil Registration, State Archive - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Italy, Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1871-1942
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Bassano del Grappa, Vicenza, Italy|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Location of Bassano del Grappa, Vicenza, Italy|
|Location of Italy|
|Record Type:||Civil Registration|
|Title in the Language:||Italia, Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Stato Civile (Archivio di Stato)|
|Vicenza State Archive|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of civil registration (stato civile) of births, marriages, and deaths within the custody of the State Archive of Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa Regional Office (Archivio di Stato di Vicenza, Sezione di Bassano del Grappa). Availability of records is largely dependent on time period and locality. Records for this collection cover the years 1871-1942.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
For help reading these Italian records see the following guides:
- Italy Languages
- Italian Genealogical Word List
- Script Tutorial for Italian
- Italy Handwriting
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Italy, Vicenza, Bassano del Grappa, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1871-1942.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The information in these records usually include the following:
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the wiki article: Italy, Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]View images in this collection by visiting the Collection Browse Page:
- Select Province
- Select Comune or Frazione
- Select Event Type and Year to view the images
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate church records
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have ived nearby
- You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors. [Italy Church Records|Church Records]] often were kept years before government records were required and are a good source for finding ancestors before 1900
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Keep in mind that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist during the periods our ancestors lived in. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images. Pay special attention to how the name should have been pronounced and try variations on the pronunciation
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well
- Search the indexes and records of local genealogical societies
- Earlier records may not contain as much information as the records created after the late 1800
- There is also some variation in the information given from one record to another
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Italy.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records/Guidelines for Articles.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.