Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1806-1815, 1866-1930
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Forli, Forlì-Cesena, Italy|
|Flag of the Italian Republic|
|Location of Forli, Forlì-Cesena, Italy|
|Location of Italy|
|Record Type:||Civil Registration|
|Collection years:||1806-1815, 1866-1930|
|Title in the Language:||Stato Civile di Forlì-Cesena, Italia, 1806-1815, 1866-1930|
|Forli State Archives, Flori, Italy|
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
The collection consists of civil registration (stato civile) of births, marriages, and deaths within the custody of the State Archive of Forlì (Archivio di Stato di Forlì-Cesena). Also includes marriage banns (notificazioni o pubblicazioni); marriage memorandums (atti di memorandum); marriage supplemental documents (processetti); annotations to death records (annotazioni di morte); and miscellaneous records (atti diversi). Records for this collection generally cover the years 1806 to 1815 and 1866 to 1930 but the availability is largely dependent on time period and locality.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are in Italian. For help reading them see guides:
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for Italy, Forlì-Cesena, Forlì, Civil Registration (State Archive), 1806-1815, 1866-1930.|
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
For additional details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the wiki article: Italy, Civil Registration - FamilySearch Historical Records.
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Province
- Select Comune or frazione (Municipality or Fraction)
- Select Record Type and Year to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the estimated age at marriage or death to calculate a birth date
- Make a note of the bride’s maiden name on a marriage record to search her family line
- Note individuals listed as witnesses or godparents. Witnesses and godparents were often relatives
- Your ancestor may have been married in the same locality where she or he was born. Search marriage records for that locality to find your ancestor’s marriage
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, Now What?[edit | edit source]
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct
- Continue to search the index and records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives who may have lived nearby
- Remember that a baptism date is not always the same as a birth date
- Sometimes a person is buried in a city or town in which they did not die. Do not assume that a burial place is the same as a death place
- Check for variant spellings of the names
- Search the records of nearby localities
- The scope of these records is limited and it is possible that your ancestor is not included, even if they lived in the corresponding place and time
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Italy.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.