Islas del Ibicuy, Entre Ríos, Argentina Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Department of Islas del Ibicuy ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The boundary with the province of Buenos Aires was fixed in the Paraná River by the founding decree of the province of Entre Ríos in 1814, without defining which areas of the river it decreed.
- On January 28, 1944, the Military Geographic Institute ruled that the boundary between both provinces should be the Paraná proper and not some of its areas, that is, the navigation channel, by which both provinces signed an agreement on November 11, 1959.
- On May 9, 1984, the department of Islas del Ibicuy was created with part of the department of Gualeguaychú.
- The department Islands of Ibicuy has a population of approximately 12,000 people. 
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Argentina, Select Baptisms Index, 1642-1912 - in Ancestry ($)
- Argentina, Baptisms, 1645-1930 - in MyHeritage ($)
- Argentina, Marriages, 1722-1911 - in MyHeritage ($)
- Argentina, Select Marriages, 1722-1911 - in Ancestry ($)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Argentina National Census, 1895 - in MyHeritage ($)
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio de Ceibas
- Cementerio de Villa Paranacito
Municipalities[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Ibicuy
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento Islas del Ibicuy," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_Islas_del_Ibicuy. Visited November 17, 2017.