Irvine California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 23 Lake Road Irvine, CA 92604-4579 United States
- Language: English
- Wednesdays: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Family Tree training classes are held every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m Classes rotate through the following topics: Quick Start Family Tree, Sources, Memories, Using Ancestry.com with Family Tree, Family History Fun, and Descendancy Research.
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- The Irvine Family History Center is equipped with nine computers that are connected to the internet and the Family History Center portal. We also have a printer/scanner that can scan photos and documents directly into FamilySearch.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- Using the FamilySearch Research Wiki: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.