Ingoldisthorpe, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Ingoldisthorpe, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Docking|
|Parish registers: 1754|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
INGOLDISTHORPE (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Docking, hundred of Smithdon, W. division of Norfolk, 10 miles (N. E. by N.) from Lynn. 
Ingoldisthorpe St Michael is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich.
Ingoldisthorpe is a village and civil parish in the north-west of the English county of Norfolk. It is located approximately 9 miles (14 km) north-east of the town King's Lynn and 37 miles (60 km) from the county town of Norwich. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Ingoldisthorpe, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Ingoldisthorpe, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1763-1902||Undefined||1754-1810, 1813-1901||Undefined||1760-1812, 1814-1901|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 691
Parish registers for Ingoldisthorpe Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Early parish registers usually have baptisms, marriages, and burials intermixed until 1813 when baptisms and burials were recorded on printed form registers. Marriages and marriage banns were recorded on printed form registers as early as 1754.
Baptisms, 1763-1813; burials, 1760-1812. Baptisms, 1813-1902. Marriages, 1754-1810, banns, 1754-1773, 1783-1786, 1789-1810. Marriages, 1813-1901. Burials, 1814-1901. Banns, 1823-1901. FHL BRITISH Film 2262676 Items 5 - 12
Archdeacons transcripts, 1725-1812
Baptisms and burials 1725-1812 Marriages 1725-1810 FHL BRITISH Film 1526810 Item 5
Parish chest records for Ingoldisthorpe
Microfilm copies of original records in the Norfolk Record Office, Central Library, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Rate books include names of owners, occupiers, descriptions of land and property, money valuation of land and property, and rate of payment assessed.
Valuation, 1840. Settlement examinations, 1784-1794, 1817-1826. Settlement certificates, 1777-1794, 1826. Removal orders, 1784-1794, 1817-1835. Bastardy orders, 1767, 1811-1835. Overseers' rate books, 1844-1858. Surveyors' rate book, 1858-1870. FHL BRITISH Film 2262676 Items 13 - 20
Churchwarden rate assessments, 1778-1783, 1824-1827. FHL BRITISH Film 2262698 Item 12
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Norfolk: Ingoldisthorpe on GenUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 611-614. Date accessed: 15 April 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Norfolk Parish Registers Browse', findmypast, accessed 31 July 2015.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.