Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pati, Naturalization Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pati, Naturalization Records
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Pati, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia|
|Flag of the Republic of Indonesia|
|Location of Pati, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia|
|Title in the Language:||Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pati, Catatan Naturalisasi|
|Pengadilan Negeri Pati|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection will include records from 1960-2013.
The records include a collection of naturalization and citizenship-related records from the District Court in Pati, Central Java, Indonesia. The records include the following documents:
- Kewarganegaraan Indonesia (Citizenship records)
- Permohonan Ahli Waris (Heir applications)
- Permohonan Akte Kelahiran (Birth certificate applications)
- Permohonan Perceraian (Petitions for divorce)
- Permohonan S.B.K.R.I (Applications for citizenship)
Immigration to Indonesia also took place at this time when huge populations from the Indian subcontinent visited the country and settled there. Few settled in Victoria, and those who did were probably Dutch Indonesians. The Dutch rule over Indonesia, ended when the Japanese took over the country during World War II. The Netherlands controlled the Indonesian archipelago since the 19th century. For working in Indonesia, the foreigners have to send their application to the immigration office.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions, please see the Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections page.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are written in Indonesian. For help reading these records see the following:
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Pati, Naturalization Records.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The information in these records usually include the following:
Applications for naturalizations (Permohonan Pewarganegaraan)
Applications for birth certificates (Permohonan Akte Kelahiran)
Citizenship records (Permohonan kewarganegaraan)
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
For additional details about these records and help using them see Indonesia, Civil Registration Records - FamilySearch Historical Records and Indonesia, Naturalization and Citizenship Records - FamilySearch Historical Records.
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
To begin your search in the records, it would be helpful if you knew some of the following information:
- Name of ancestor
- Approximate place and date of birth
- Approximate year of other event (such as immigration or divorce)
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select Record Type
- Select Year and Number(s) to view the images
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Look at passenger arrival records can help you determine when an ancestor arrived and the port of departure. They can also help identify family and community members who arrived together and the country they came from
- Use the information found in the Naturalization Records to determine when vital events in your ancestor's life occurred. This can lead to information that can point to additional family members and generations
- Use the information to find other records
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Check for them with another name. An individual may appear with only one of their names, an abbreviation of their name, or an alias
- Check the records for surrounding localities, including: Jepara, Kudus, Grobogan, Blora, and Rembang
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Indonesia.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.