Indianola Iowa Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Welcome to the Indianola Iowa Family History Center!
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Center Services
- 3 Resources in the Local Area
- 4 Links
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- Location Map: Location Map
- Language: English
- Address: 807 North 15th Street, Indianola, Iowa 50125-1572
- Stake TFH Consultant - Center: Kirby Ramsey
- Open Hours:
- By appointment. Call the Stake TFH Consultant - Center 515-808-1133.
- Call to confirm hours as they may have changed.
- Holiday Schedule:
- Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Computer (internet access), printer/scanner/copier, overhead microfilm reader, microfiche reader.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We welcome volunteers from the community to help serve in the Family History Center. It's a great way to help others and to learn by doing. You need not be an expert. Ability to use a computer and willingness to become familiar with the FamilySearch website and resources are key. Contact the Stake TFH Consultant - Center at the telephone or e-mail listed above for more information.