India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, 1958-2013
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal, India|
|Flag of the Republic of India|
|Location of Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal, India|
|Location of India|
|Title in the Language:||India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, 1958-2013|
|Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha in Singh Darwaga, Deoghar, Jharkhand|
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains marriage records kept by the Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha in Singh Darwaga, Deoghar, Jharkhand, India. The records include many places throughout Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal. This collection will include records from 1958-2013.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are written in Hindi. For help with reading the records see the following:
To Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection using the waypoints on the Collection Browse Page for India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, 1958-2013.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Date of Marriage
- Full Names of Bride and Groom
- Age of the couple
- Father's Name and Surname
- Whether Marriage was by Banns or License
- Signatures of the Parties
- Signatures of two or more Witnesses present
- Name of Officiator
- Locality of the Church
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the marriage
- Family relationship
Search the Index[edit | edit source]
|This collection does not have a searchable index. Only images are available. See View the Images to access them.|
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select Volume number, certificate number range (year range) to view the images
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog India, Jharkhand, B. Deoghar, Singh Darwaja, Pandit Dharam Rakshni Sabha, Marriage Records, 1958-2013. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Use the information to find more. For instance, use the age listed in the record to estimate a year of birth, if that is yet undetermined
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each spouse to find a couple's birth records and parents' names
- Compile the marriage entries for every person who has the same surname as the bride or groom; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in India.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.