Jump to navigation Jump to search
Huguenot Society of Michigan
National Societies[edit | edit source]
- Huguenot Historical Society
Blanco Road, Suite 104
San Antonio, TX 78216-4970
- Directory of state societies
Education section of web site includes Who were the Huguenots, Important dates in history, and bibliography Resources section includes Huguenot ancestral name listings, Selected publication for Huguenot research, Other Huguenot specific web sites
- Huguenot Society of America
20 W. 44th Street, Suite 510
New York, NY 10036
List of qualified ancestors
- Historic Huguenot Street
88 Huguenot Street
New Paltz, NY 12561
Email: library@huguenotstreet. New Palz Society
- 7340 Blanco Road, Suite 104
- San Antonio, TX 78216-4970
- National Huguenot Society has lists of registered Huguenot refugees and useful websites.
Delaware[edit | edit source]
Georgia Societies[edit | edit source]
Tina Gowdy Peavy, Registrar
4072 Christacy Way
Marietta, GA 30066-2786
Massachusetts Societies[edit | edit source]
- 325 Main Street
- Oxford , MA 01540
- Phone: (508) 987-0176
Michigan Societies[edit | edit source]
Huguenot Society of Michigan
505 Hanselman Bldg.
KALAMAZOO, MI 49001
- Applications for membership in the Huguenot Society of Michigan, abt. 1937-1942, Huguenot Society of Michigan. Each application gives a genealogy of the applicant. FHL film 860658 Item 2, book at FamilySearch Library.
Minnesota Societies[edit | edit source]
- 9033 Lyndale Ave. S. Suite 108
- Bloomington, MN 55420-3525
- Phone: (952)885-9776
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Please note that for a fee of $25.00 U.S. per surname, the society will conduct a search for you.
New York Societies[edit | edit source]
- Huguenot and Historical Association of New Rochelle
- The New Rochelle Historical Society
- 983 North Avenue
- New Rochelle, NY 10804
- Phone: 914-632-5376
- 88 Huguenot Street
- New Paltz, NY
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The collections consist of family genealogies, church, cemetery and bible records, wills and deeds, census records, genealogical periodicals, county histories, and publications relating to Huguenot ancestry. Requires appointment.
Pennsylvania Societies[edit | edit source]
- Huguenot Society of Pennsylvania
- 1300 Locust St.
- PHILADELPHIA, PA
- The Huguenot Society of Pennsylvania has as it's purpose to perpetuate the memory of the Huguenots. Members of the society include descendants of Huguenot families immigrating to America before November 1787 and anyone who has made the Huguenots a subject of research papers, etc. The society was organized in Reading, Pennsylvania, in 1918. They published: Huguenot Society of Pennsylvania, (series) vols. 1- 15 (Norristown, PA.: The Society, 1918-1939) and the continuation Proceedings of the Huguenot Society of Pennsylvania, v. 16-39 (Norristown, PA.: The Society, 1942-1967; Family History Library FHL book 974.8 C4h; film for v. 1-3 and 7-9 is FHL film 1697274 item 5-6).
South Carolina Societies[edit | edit source]
- Huguenot Society of South Carolina
138 Logan Street
Charleston, SC 29401
- The purpose of the Huguenot Society of South Carolina is to preserve the memory of the Huguenots who left France prior to 1787. They have a research library containing over 4,500 books, journals, and files covering the history of French Protestants and on South Carolina history and families. The library is open to non-members for a research fee of $10. It is suggested to contact the library so materials will be available. The society also provides research for a fee. Research Form
- The Huguenot Society's publication is Transactions of the Huguenot Society of South Carolina and they began publishing in 1888. For publication information, see South Carolina Periodicals. The Huguenot Society also has a newsletter with some of them available online.
Virginia Societies[edit | edit source]
- The Huguenot Society of the Founders of Manakin in the Colony of Virginia
981 Huguenot Trail
Midlothian, VA 23113
- The society's website has a list of the Huguenot founders of Manakin and links to related websites.
- The Huguenot. 1924-. Published by the Huguenot Society of the Founders of Manakin in the Colony of Virginia, Inc., 981 Huguenot Trail, Midlothian, Virginia 23113, Telephone: 804-794-5702. 975.5 B2hm. Indexed in Master Index to The Huguenot (Bryan, Texas: Family History Foundation, 1986; FHL Book 975.5 B2hm index; Film 1697534.