Hucclecote, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Hucclecote, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Dudstone and King's Barton|
|Poor Law Union||Gloucester|
|Parish registers: 1851|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1851|
|Diocese||Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
HUCCLECOTE, a hamlet, in the parish of Churchdown, union of Gloucester, Upper division of the hundred of Dudstone and King's-Barton, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 2½ miles (E. S. E.) from the city of Gloucester. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Hucclecote, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|Hucclecote, Gloucestershire Genealogy Online Records|
|AC||1851-1919, 1925-1929||1851-1919, 1925-1929||1851-1938||1851-1938||1851-1969||1851-1969|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Non Conformist Churches[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images
- 1642-1996 England, Gloucestershire Non-conformist Records, 1642-1996 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 569-574. Date accessed: 08 January 2013.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 23 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 21 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 28 June 2016.