How to Find Connecticut Marriage Records
In Connecticut the town clerks recorded the marriage records. Some marriages were recorded as early as 1640. Many town records have been filmed and are available at the Family History Library, family history centers, and the New England Historic Genealogical Society.
The town of Groton, New London, Connecticut is a popular place for eloping couples because there was no waiting period between the license and the marriage.
Connecticut Vital Records gives an overview of marriage records in Connecticut.
Connecticut Online Genealogy Records is another useful site.
Connecticut Department of Health has Marriage Records: 1897 – present Marriage Indexes: 1959 – present.
Connecticut Public Library has earlier records in a searchable database.
Connecticut Marriage Index[edit | edit source]
Connecticut, Marriage Index - FamilySearch Historical Records has more detailed information about the Index and lists several helpful sites.
FamilySearch Collection allows a search for marriages on the Connecticut Marriage Index.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- Connecticut, Marriage Index, 1620-1926 ($) Index and images
- United States Marriages – Connecticut, 1622-1939 ($) index and images
- Connecticut, Marriage Index, 1959-2001 Index only.
- Connecticut, Marriages, 1729-1867 Index only.
- Supplement to Torrey's New England Marriages Prior to 1700 ($)
- Second Supplement To Torrey's New England Marriages Prior to 1700 ($)
- Connecticut, Town Marriage Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection) ($)
- Early Connecticut Marriages ($)
- Connecticut Marriages to 1850($)
- Connecticut, Marriage Index, 1959-2012 ($)
- Connecticut, Marriages, 1966 - 2002, ($). Index.
- Polish American Marriage Database for Connecticut, index.
- American Ancestors Connecticut Marriages and Deaths, 1792-1837 ($)