Hornaryd Parish, Kronoberg, Sweden Genealogy
Guide to Hornaryd Parish, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 History
- 2 Place Names
- 3 Collections
- 3.1 Census Records
- 3.2 Church Records
- 3.3 Military Records
- 3.4 Related Sources
- 3.5 Help Reading Swedish Records
- 3.6 Help Reading Old Handwriting
- 3.7 Help With Research Objectives and Strategies
- 3.8 References
History[edit | edit source]
(write information such as: how old the parish is, interesting facts about the parish, what alternate names it has, or any boundary changes.)
|Hornaryd Parish, Kronoberg, Sweden Genealogy|
|Pastorat||1961 Annex parish Sjösås, Drevandh Hornaryd. 1962 Annex parish Sjösås, Drev, Hornaryd and Dädesjö.|
|Tingslag||-1947 Uppvidinge, 1948-1970 Östra Värend|
|Fögderi||1720-1966 Uppvidinge, 1967 Växjö|
|Kommun||1863-1951 Hornaryds, 1971 Väsjö, 1952-1970 Braås|
|Militär indelning||Smålands 07, Kalmar 07|
Place Names [edit | edit source]
Backstuga Hornaryd Södergård - Karlstorp, Björkelund, Blankatorp, Boatorp Rusthåll, Bringebäck (Bringebeck),
Fattigstugan Hornaryd, Förda Jonsgård,
Hedakull Hornaryd Andersgård - Kärr, Hederås Trumslagareboställe, Holmatorp, Hornaryd Hörnegård - Norrgård - Stom - Södergård, Husartorp #74 Björkelund Boatorp - # 75 Rosenlund Bringebäck, Hästhagen,
Karlstorp, Karstorp, Klackhult Norrgård - Södergård, Kolsboda, Kärr,
Norrastugan, Nybygget Hornaryd Södergård, Nyedal,
Rosenholm, Rosenlund Bringebäck - Hornaryd Hörnegård,
Slätt, Slättshed, Soldattorp # 1 Förda - # 2 Blankatorp Karlstorp - # 74 Hornaryd Södergård - # 75 Kärr, Stenhagen, Stens, Stommen Hornaryd, Stomshed, Södergården Hornaryd - Klackhult,
Västerlycka, Västratorp Bringebäck - Karlstorp,
- Surrounding Parishes
Collections[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Sweden Household Examination Records (Husförhörslängder)--explanation of this church record which is functionally the census of Sweden.
- Sweden Household Examination Books, 1840-1947, ($), index and images. Also on Ancestry.com, ($), Arkiv Digital ($), and SVAR at Riksarkivet.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Online Database Church Records[edit | edit source]
The easiest way to access the Swedish Church Records is through the internet, using these five sites (see links to specific collections below). Four of these sites require a subscription for access. (ArkivDigital, Ancestry.com, and MyHeritage.com are available at a FamilyHistory Center near you free of charge.)
- Sweden, Kronoberg Church Records, 1589-1921; index 1612-1860 at FamilySearch.
- MyHeritage.com ($),
- Ancestry.com ($),
- Arkiv Digital ($), and
- SVAR at Riksarkivet.
Help Using ArkivDigital: Online Databases for Sweden[edit | edit source]
- These lessons will teach you how to use ArkivDigital:
Family History Library Records[edit | edit source]
Click Sweden, Kronoberg Records for a full listing of microfilmed records (some digitized online) at the Family History Librarythat may be digitized. Check back occasionally to see if your records have become available. In the meantime, some of them might be available at a Family History Center near you.
Click on "Places within Sweden, Kronoberg and then select your parish.
Military Records[edit | edit source]
Related Sources[edit | edit source]
Help Reading Swedish Records[edit | edit source]
- You do not have to be fluent in Swedish to read these records! They have a limited vocabulary: mother, father, born, bride, groom, married, etc. The rest of the content will be names, dates, and places, which do not need translation.
- This Swedish Word List covers typical terms found in the records.
- Swedish Historical Dictionary Database, SHDD: This interactive dictionary allows you to enter a word in the search box and receive the translation.
- Feast Day Calendar (Moveable) and Feast Day Lists (Fixed and Moveable) will help you translate dates written in feast day form.
- Sweden surnames are patronymic and change every generation, so carefully study Sweden Names, Personal.
- For help with reading the column headings found in more recent records, see Swedish Parish Register and Household Exam Roll Headings.
- Instructions, document examples, and translations are given for Reading Swedish Birth and Christening Records 1717, 1752, 1771, 1792, 1803, 1834, 1854.
Help Reading Old Handwriting[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Online Lessons - Reading Scandinavian Handwriting:
Help With Research Objectives and Strategies[edit | edit source]
References [edit | edit source]
Hornaryd Parish 1841-1845 AI;12, Husförhörslängd. Ort register.