Hilton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy
|County||Huntingdonshire, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||St Ives|
|Registration District||St Ives|
|Parish registers: 1558; For more records see Fenstanton|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Rural Deanery||St Neots|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of Lincoln and of the Archdeacon in the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon|
|Location of Archive|
|Huntingdonshire Record Office|
Guide to Hilton, Huntingdonshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Hilton, is a village and a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdonshire, 3½ miles SSW of St. Ives town and railway station.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Hilton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|HUNT = Huntingdonshire Burials (findmypast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Hilton, Huntingdonshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Huntingdonshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Hilton on GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales 1870-2. Date accessed: 15 August 2013.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 18 April 2014.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Huntingdonshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 17 April 2014.
- 'Huntingdonshire Burials,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 26 April 2014.
- 'National Burial Index - Huntingdonshire Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 17 April 2014.