Henstead Poor Law Union, Norfolk Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Parishes[edit | edit source]

The Union consisted of the following parishes:  Arminghall, NorfolkBixley, NorfolkBracon Ash, Norfolk, Bramerton, NorfolkCaister St Edmund with Markshall, NorfolkEast Carleton, NorfolkColney, NorfolkCringleford, Norfolk, Dunston, NorfolkFlordon, NorfolkFramingham Earl, NorfolkFramingham Pigot, NorfolkHethel, NorfolkHethersett, Norfolk, Holverstone, Norfolk , Intwood, NorfolkKeswick, NorfolkKetteringham, Norfolk , Kirby Bedon, Norfolk, Mattishall Heath (Markshall) ,  Great Melton, Norfolk, Little Melton, NorfolkMulbarton, NorfolkNewton Flotman, NorfolkPoringland, NorfolkRockland St Mary, NorfolkSaxlingham Nethergate, Norfolk, Saxlingham Thorpe see Saxlingham, Norfolk, Shotesham All Saints ,  Shotesham St Mary, NorfolkStoke Holy Cross, NorfolkSurlingham, NorfolkSwainsthorpe, NorfolkSwardeston, Norfolk, Trowse Newton , Whitlingham ,  Wreningham, Norfolk.

[edit | edit source]

Norfolk Record Office reference C/GP 11
Records of the Henstead Poor Law Union
Date 1835-1948
Extent 119 pieces

Henstead Union was incorporated under the 1834 Act. The union workhouse was built at Swainsthorpe in 1835. Henstead Union Board of Guardians was replaced by Guardians Committee No. 5 in 1930. In 1948 Swainsthorpe Institution was taken over by the central government and administered as the The Vale Hospital Swainsthorpe.
Acquisition Received by the Norfolk Record Office on an unknown date.
Copies C/GP 11/1-11 are on microform.
RelatedMaterial For records of this body (including administration of Swainsthorpe and Wicklewood Public Assistance Institutions and boarding-out of children), see C/GC 5. For records of this hospital see Public Records H 5.