Help:Wiki University Wikitext--Tables - Column headings
- Nesting Lists
- Broken Links
- Image Embedding
- Image Tooltips & Borders
- Image Links
- Images & Text; Embedding PDF
- Snipping Tool & Paint
- Inline Styling
- Changing Fonts
- Font Colors
- Font Bold-Italics
- Div Tag - Intro
- Width and Height
- Alignment - Horizontal
- Breadcrumb Trails
Table column headings[edit | edit source]
- We have a title for our table, but what do the columns represent?
- To label the columns we use exclamation marks: !
- Unlike the caption, we have to have a row tag before the exclamation marks:
- Here are the column headings for our healthy foods table:
- NOTICE there are no borders on column headings.
- NOTICE the headings centered by default in the heading cell.
- NOTICE the font is bold as well.
- NOTICE the table border will expand as you add rows and/or column headers.
Changing column headings[edit | edit source]
- To put a border on the heading cells, we will use our border attribute
- To make the headings really stand out let's add a background color as well.
Here is what the table will look like with borders, centered text and background color:
Here is the coding:
- NOTICE the width attribute was moved into the heading tags so we know where they are. They could have stayed where they were or with any other cells in the columns.
You can change the font, font size, color, etc. in these heading tags as you can in regular cells.
Try these out[edit | edit source]