Help:Wiki University Wikitext--SEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Nesting Lists
- Broken Links
- Image Embedding
- Image Tooltips & Borders
- Image Links
- Images & Text; Embedding PDF
- Snipping Tool & Paint
- Inline Styling
- Changing Fonts
- Font Colors
- Font Bold-Italics
- Div Tag - Intro
- Width and Height
- Alignment - Horizontal
- Breadcrumb Trails
Other Coding Options
What are SEOs[edit | edit source]
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
- This is a "25 words or less" statement of what the site has to offer the researcher. It appears right under the name of the site in your browser.
Why SEOs are critical[edit | edit source]
- When your site appears on the list of the browser, the statement will either appeal to the researcher or they may think you have nothing of interest to them and skip down to the next site on the list.
- So what is written in those 25 words or less, can either get the researcher to FamilySearch Wiki or they will continue down the list.
- It should contain the terms genealogy, ancestry, or family history, and the geographic location of your article, all in bold.
- Here is the Google manual for SEO: Google SEO guide
How it would appear in the search results[edit | edit source]
- Most browsers pay attention to the SEO and decide where it will show up in the search results.
- Writing the right things might help you make it to the first or second page.
- If your site is on page 27, chances are no one will ever see your site. Few have the patience to search through that many pages.
Where do we put SEO in the wiki?[edit | edit source]
- They are at the very top of the page.
- Check out this page and look at the very top.
- Right under the breadcrumb trail is a small paragraph. This is the SEO.
- If you will put Adair County, Missouri genealogy in the search box of your browser, you will probably see this site with its SEO maybe first on the list or on the first page.
Try these out[edit | edit source]
- It can be a challenge to be able to tell what your site has to offer in 25 words or less