Help:Wiki University Missionary Tutorial
- MS Teams
- User and Talk Page
- My Shift
- Wiki Team
- Wiki Meetings
- Image & PDF Approval
- Uploading Images & PDF files
- Special Pages
- Patrolling Recent Changes Page
- Patrolling How To Patrol
- Patrolling Common Issues
- Patrolling Guidelines
- Other Maintenance
- Maint. Templates
- Other tutorials
- Salesforce Images
Lesson structure[edit | edit source]
The lessons are designed to help you learn your responsibilities in small, easy to digest bites.
Lessons are recorded. You can view recordings by clicking on this link or in Yammer > Wiki Missionaries group > New Wiki Missionary Training Recordings.
The sidebar on the left of each page lists and links to the lessons as well as other useful tools.
- These lessons will help you to gain the knowledge necessary for you to edit and add content to the FamilySearch Wiki.
- You will learn how to work with other missionaries in the FamilySearch Wiki Support Team.
- You will also learn how you can assist FamilySearch Wiki patrons.
The exercises and quick quizzes at the end of each lesson are designed to help you learn how to apply the principles taught in the lessons. Please complete these before your next class.
What is a FamilySearch Wiki support missionary?[edit | edit source]
The Wiki Support Team's assignment is to keep the FamilySearch Wiki orderly, useful, and up-to-date. Here are some of the responsibilities you will have as Wiki support missionaries:
- Check all new additions to the Wiki.
- Answer questions from patrons, contributors and other missionaries and volunteers.
- Review, edit and organize pages, files, images, talk pages, categories, and templates to keep them up-to-date and clean of non-research materials.
- Teach new missionaries, each other, and other groups about the Wiki.
- Create, organize, and follow through to completion projects that improve the order and usefulness of the Wiki.
- Work as a team to develop ways to help improve the Wiki.
We are a team[edit | edit source]
- Part of your work will be to meet with other missionaries to discuss problems and come up with solutions.
- For meetings we use a program called MS Teams that will be discussed in the next lesson.